Voter Registration

The Office of Elections is committed to facilitating voters rights to receive ballot materials and cast a ballot for all races for which they are eligible.

Are you registered to vote? 

Voter Registration Look Up

Are you wondering if you are registered to vote in Humboldt County? Confirming registration status is only a click away. Simply click the link below. 

        Voter Status Look Up 

Register to Vote
Do you want to register to vote? Registering to vote is as easy as 1-2-3. Simply (1) click on the link below, (2) complete the voter registration application, and (3) submit the form electronically. Your application will automatically be forwarded to the Humboldt County Office of Elections for processing. You will receive confirmation of registration by mail.
        Voter Registration Application


Requirements for Voter Registration

Qualifications to Register and Vote in California

 The State of California requires that voter registration applicants meet the following criteria:
  • United States citizen
  • Resident of California
  • 18 years of age or older (or will be by the date of the next election)
  • Not in prison or on parole for conviction of a felony
  • Not been judged by a court to be mentally incompetent to register and vote


Voters should reregister if any of the following changes to their voter registration status occur:  
  • Residential address change
  • Name change
  • Political party affiliation change

Voter Registration Deadline

The voter registration deadline is 15 days before an election. Voters who register after the 29th day before an election will not receive a sample ballot booklet or other election information or materials by mail until the following election.
Permissible Uses of Voter Information (Elections Code, Section 2157.2)

Voter Privacy

Information provided on voter registration applications will be used by the Office of Elections to provide official information and materials enabling voters to participate in the election process. Information and materials may include, but is not limited to, changes in polling place locations, and issues and candidates that will appear on an election ballot.

Commercial use of voter registration information is prohibited by law and is a misdemeanor. Voter information must be provided to a requesting candidate for office, a ballot measure committee, or other person for election, scholarly, journalistic, political, or governmental purposes, as determined by the Secretary of State. Driver's license and social security numbers, or your signature as shown on your voter registration card, cannot be released for these purposes. If you have any questions about the use of voter information or wish to report suspected misuse of such information, please call the Secretary of State's Voter Protection and Assistance Hotline at 800-345-VOTE or 916-657-2166.

Military & Overseas Voter Registration (UOCAVA)

Under the Uniformed and Overseas Civilians Absentee Voting Act (UOCAVA), domestic and overseas military personnel and overseas civilians who are registered voters are eligible to participate in the Federal Voting Assistance Program (FVAP) to cast an absentee ballot for an election. Services available to military personnel and overseas civilians under the FVAP include registering to vote and receiving ballot materials at their current mailing address (whether overseas or domestic), by email, or by facsimile.  

Register to Vote

Registering to vote is as easy as 1-2-3. Simply (1) click the link below, (2) complete the voter registration application, and (3) submit the form electronically. Your application will automatically be forwarded to the Humboldt County Office of Elections for processing. You will receive confirmation of registration by mail. 

        Voter Registration Application

FVAP Enrollment

The Federal Voting Assistance Program (FVAP) enables domestic and overseas military personnel and overseas voters to receive ballot materials by mail, email, or facsimile. Eligibility requirements for the FVAP include:

  • Domestic or overseas military personnel OR overseas civilian; and,
  • Registered voter; and,
  • Submit Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) with elections office in the jurisdiction of your residential address (as indicated on your voter registration application).

FVAP Resources

Voter registration application forms are available at the following locations in Humboldt County:
  • Department of Motor Vehicles
  • Public Libraries
  • Post Offices
Voter registration application and Federal Post Card Application forms are also available at the Office of Elections, located at 2426 6th Street, in Eureka, CA. Requests to have a voter registration application form mailed can be made to the following:

    Humboldt County Office of Elections

    Secretary of State

Safe at Home Program

Certain voters facing life-threatening situations may qualify for confidential voter status. For more information, please contact the Secretary of State's Safe at Home program.

Is the page unable to load the information below?  Here is a direct link to Voter Registration Look Up.